Original CDV Photo Civil War General U. S. Grant Possibly Signed Autograph 1860s
Original CDV of Ulysses S. Grant, signed at the bottom. I can't tell positively if it's in pencil or light/faded pen, but if you compare it to other known Grant signatures (listing photos #3 and #4, provided for comparison purposes and not included), the signature on this CDV has quite a few similarities, especially to #3. CDV is 4" x 2.5". It's in good or better antique condition with light foxing and age-related discoloration, a nicked upper-right corner. The back is blank, and similar to the front, condition-wise. The signature is not bold but it's readable, as seen in my scan.
Visit my webstore for more Civil War images. See the last pic in this listing for instructions.
Famous military pope pontifical uniform soldier 1860s. This item is in the category "Collectibles\Photographic Images\Photographs". The seller is "jack_mord" and is located in this country: US. This item can be shipped to United States.
- Production Technique: Albumen Print
- Country/Region of Manufacture: Unknown
- Theme: Americana, Art, History, Militaria, Celebrities, Conflicts & Wars
- Format: Carte de Visite (CDV)
- Type: Photograph
- Antique: Yes
- Subject: Military & Political
- Region of Origin: US
- Signed: Yes
- Modified Item: Yes
- Original/Licensed Reprint: Original
- Time Period Manufactured: Vintage & Antique (Pre-1940)
- Date of Creation: 1860-1869
- Featured Refinements: Civil War CDV
- Photo Type: CDV
- Original/Reprint: Original Print